The Australasian Association of Intraoperative Monitoring was formed and registered in June 2015 and is the Asia Pacific region's only association specifically for intraoperative monitoring.We welcome and encourage all health professionals that have an interest in IONM to join AAIM and participate. Together we will grow this into an organisation to represent IONM.
Current National Executive Board
Education and Accreditation Devlopment Officer
Neurophysiology Services Asia
Conference and Marketing
Macquarie University Hospital
Dr Brian Hsu
Medical Consultant Advisor
Our objectives are:
- Unite all heath care professionals currently performing surgical neurophysiology within Australia, New Zealand and the Greater Asia Pacific Region.
- Establish and promote standard guidelines for the provision of intraoperative neurological monitoring within Australia, New Zealand and the Greater Asia Pacific Region.
- Establish and facilitate intraoperative neurological monitoring education programs and accreditation for health care professionals currently performing surgical neurophysiology and new personal entering the field.
- Promote and advise a recognised standard of qualification for intraoperative neurological monitoring within Australia, New Zealand and the Greater Asia Pacific Region.
- Provide objective information regarding intraoperative neurological monitoring to surgeons, physicians, nurses and all other health practitioners.
- Facilitate the exchange of information and ideas.
- Support the advancement of intraoperative neurological monitoring.